Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anniversary

     Five years ago today, I married my wife. She is my best friend, the mother of my children, my occasional lover and the biggest pain in the arse this side of the Pecos. For someone that is constantly pointing out my mistakes, I've never known a greater supporter. I come up short, time and again and yet she still thinks I'm a great husband. (She's not very bright.) She makes most of the decisions, but is always telling me what a good partner I am.


     I love her very much, and aside from her glaring inability to judge character, she is absolutely the most impressive person I have ever known. Sometimes I think maybe she is just cutting me a break because she loves me, and quite frankly at this age her other prospects are probably pretty dim. Even so, I can't help but think my charm and infectious wit, coupled with my boyish good looks must have something to do with it.


     She is beautiful inside and out, and lights up every room she enters. Mainly from the glow of that damn 4g phone I bought her for her birthday that she refuses to put down, but still, people take notice. Her laugh is a wonderful auditory assault, and stops my heart every time I hear it. Mostly because it follows my being injured or having made a grievous error in judgement. 


     But I couldn't be luckier. For a man with a laundry list of failings, needs a wife with a kind heart and short memory, of which mine has in spades. She can't remember why she married me, but is too nice to bring it up.


     I love you Aimee, and I always will. Happy Anniversary.


P.S. I think I broke the dishwasher.

No comments: