Friday, August 12, 2011

"Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangster"

     I haven't always been good, and I haven't always been all bad, but I have paid attention, and I've never been sad.


     I've walked a long road in my time and most of it was going the wrong way. I've seen shit I can't forget and and shit I'll always remember, and every bit of it has brought me to where I am today. 


     It's funny to think that making as many mistakes as I have, would actually be a positive in my life; but it has. To fuck up is to learn and I've had a higher education than most. I have little regret and the reason is, I can see the path I've travelled and value the lessons learned. It's not the destination, but the journey, and it's been a long and arduous road. 


     The toughest guys I've ever met, never talked about how tough they were, and every single one of them would have traded all their glory for another chance at family and friends. 


     I've seen hardened gangsters brought to tears from thoughts of children left behind. Otherwise killers reduced to a blubbering mess from thoughts of family they had betrayed. Only spoiled white suburbanites glorify the ghetto; anyone that has ever had to live there will tell you, ain't nothing pretty in the hood.


     Fuck MTV. Fuck gangster rap and anyone that tells you that bad is good and good is bad. There's a reason your daddy told you the things he did. Your grandfather was a genius, you were just too stupid to listen.


     So here's to being bad and stopping. No one that has been good their entire lives can understand the benefit of repentance. The wisdom of the terminally dumb. You have to make mistakes to learn, and brother I've been in school a lifetime.